Christine is the author of The Fat Revolution and Great Health is a Piece of Cake.
In her presentation at the Low Carb Down Under in Byron, the lean Christine soundly dispelled the myths surrounding the conventional wisdom that saturated fat is bad for us and damages our heart health.
She showed us some before and after pictures of herself (including herself after having children) and gave us an idea of how much butter and other fats she and her family consume on a weekly basis (evidence enough for any skeptic of the “fat doesn’t make you fat” message!)
Christine’s message was that it is actually an overconsumption of sugar, grains and polyunsaturated oils, along with our phobia of cholesterol that has put us in the situation we are in today with escalating chronic disease and obesity.
Our brains are made out of saturated fat, we are literally “fat-heads” and if we are not putting the building blocks into our bodies in the form of natural fats, we are stunting:
- Our brains, including our cognition & emotions
- Our bodies ability to heal and grow new cells
- Our production of sex hormones & our fertility
- Our energy levels, and
- Our youthful looks, so we will look old and haggard before our time.
(More than enough incentive for me to start planning how I can get in some more lard, beef tallow, bone marrow and ghee!)
Most of us plan our financial retirement but we forget to plan our health” ~ Christine Cronau
This is a recording of Christine’s presentation in Melbourne
You can find more of Christine’s work here.
Summaries of the other Low Carb Down Under Byron Presentations:
- David Gillespie: Sweet Poison
- Ian Blair Hamilton & Cassie Bond: Coconut Oil For Alzheimer’s
- Jimmy Moore: The Story behind Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb
- Christine Cronau: Why Saturated Fat is Good For Us
- Crystal Fieldhouse: What is Paleo
- Jo Fitton: Chronicles of a Cardio Addict
- Dr Rod Tayler: Low Carb, Health, Weight and Doctors
- Low Carb Down Under Byron Wrap
Connect with us here on the Low Carb Down Under Facebook Page.